You always ignore the roof until you see a leak or drip during heavy rains. Whether buying a new house or refurbishing the old one, roof repairs and installation are crucial construction requirements. There are different types of roofs available for your selection, so that you can decide depending on the size of the coverage, weather, and budget. Call and check with James Kate roofing to gather more details.
The different shapes of the top play a crucial role in adding definition to your home. The purpose of roofs is more than just giving cover to the property – it adds aesthetic sense to the whole design and protects the house. Roofs also support in making the house robust, resilient to outside elements, energy-efficient, and weather-proof.
There are various shapes and sizes of roofing options available. Here is the list of a few to choose from:
- Gable roofs: These are also commonly known as pitched or peaked roofing solutions. These are very popular for both commercial and residential spaces and are distinct because of their triangular shape. These are not ideal for high wind and hurricane areas but great for snow and wet weather areas.
- Hip roofs: The Hip roof is a squarish roof that slopes from all four sides with a ridge at the top. These are very robust and durable roofing options. They can sustain high wind and snowy conditions. Since the design is complex, these are expensive and require more building material for construction.
- Mansard roof: A French-styled roof that has four sides with a double slope on both ends is the Mansard roof. The sides of the slopes are either flat or curved. These are very popular as they offer more space for the attic, which is a Garret. But the downside is these are not ideal for heavy snowfall.
- Flat roofs are ideal for industrial and commercial buildings as there is a slight pitch to let the rainwater runoff and drain. The significant advantage is extra space in a patio, roof garden, and vast penthouse and is also ideal for installing solar panels. The downside is during wet climate as it traps more water and results in leaks and seepages.
- Skillion roof: Another common term for these roofs is ‘shed roof’ or ‘lean-to.’ It is a single roofing solution with a sloping style that attaches to the tallest wall. Since the pitch is high, it leads to a lower ceiling, which is the downside of these covers. Easy for installation and budget-friendly options are the main pros of these roofing solutions.
Other popular types of roofing solutions are:
- Jerkinhead roofs
- Butterfly roof
- Bonnet style roofs
- Saltbox roofs
- Sawtooth roofing solution
- Curved roofs
- Pyramid style solution
- Dome style roofs
- Combination roofs
Materials for a roofing solution
There are various styles and types of roofing material. Here is the list of some of the most popular material options – Asphalt shingles, Wooden shingles, Metal Roofing, Concrete structures, and Synthetic Composite slate. Make a wise choice, and don’t let your roof ruin the house or commercial property.