Not everyone wants people to know that their teeth are on an alignment journey like with traditional metal braces. Though Invisalign is steadily gaining popularity, the aligners have modulations that might force you to comprehend. Therefore, if you plan to use the invisible aligners, you might need to discuss your treatment plan with your dentist, inquiring how you can obtain optimal results from the treatment. Are you thinking of contacting your dentist for the treatment but do not know how to start? Your South Bay dentist, Dr. Samet, can be of help.
Why would your dentist recommend Invisalign braces?
The invisible braces might be your best option if you are an adult with all your adult teeth and are religious enough to follow a routine recommended by your dentist. Your doctor might suggest the treatment when you have dental issues like:
· Crowded teeth– when your teeth crowd on your jaws, they make it difficult for your jaw to accommodate them comfortably. Failure to contact your dentist for professional treatment might translate to severe dental worries. Overcrowding of teeth triggers the accumulation of plaque and tooth decay, which may increase your risk of developing gum disease.
· Spacious teeth– extensive spaces between your teeth result in an unusual growth of your jawbone, which may cause periodontal pockets and the onset of periodontal illnesses.
· Overbite– you are likely to have an overbite when your upper teeth overlap your lower teeth. An overbite might force your front teeth to chip or fracture.
· Crossbite– a crossbite happens when your upper and lower jaws fail to align properly, leading to unexpected tooth chipping or periodontal disorders.
· Underbite– the condition happens when your lower teeth tend to thrust outward because of an overgrowth of your lower jaw. Underbites usually result in painful joints and jaw problems.
How does an Invisalign work?
Before the treatment begins, your dentist will take images and impressions of your teeth and send them to the Invisalign lab for creation. The lab techs will develop a 3-D computer sketch determining the gradual shift of your teeth. Your dentist will use the graphics to craft aligners he will use to achieve your desired alignment.
After your dentist affirms that you could use Invisalign braces to straighten your teeth, the specialist will highlight your treatment plan, including how you should expect the braces to perform in every treatment stage. During your treatment, you will wear different sets of personalized aligners for approximately two weeks before your dentist recommends a change. The invisible braces gradually shift your teeth to the right position. Your dentist will expect you to move to your next aligners’ set after every two weeks.
The advantages you are likely to experience with Invisalign include:
- Promote healthy gums
- Enhance your oral health
- Improved chewing and speech
- Retention of tooth structure
Your dentist will expect you to take care of your Invisalign for better performance by soaking them in a solution of soft water and baking soda every time you are not wearing them. Soaking the aligners in clean water prevents plaque from setting in.
Invisalign braces might be the solution you need to align your teeth, especially when you are self-conscious about drawing attention to your teeth with traditional braces. Book an Invisalign appointment today to know how you can benefit from invisible braces.