Do you struggle to find time to fit in a workout? Are you tired of working out and not seeing results? Or are you simply ‘not bothered’ to work out?
Well, lucky for you! There is a solution to all your problems.
EMS stands for Electrical Muscle Stimulation. EMS is an active, high-intensity whole body workout that uses low-frequency electrical impulses to stimulate and propel muscle contractions. The muscle stimulation targets tissue, making your body work harder and more efficiently.
EMS is a much more efficient and advanced alternative to traditional weight training. It activates deeper muscle groups and stimulates those muscles that are often ignored by conventional training methods.
Possibly the most appealing thing about EMS is that workouts only last 20 minutes, which is equivalent to a 4-5 hour conventional workout, whilst achieving the same results in only a fraction of time.
It gets better…workouts only needed to be completed once a week – two at most!
How Electro-Muscular Stimulation (EMS) works:
EMS is conducted through two crucial components;
- The bodysuit is fitted with ‘pulse generators’ which are connected in areas of high muscle such as buttox, thighs, chest and abdominal areas
- The suit works as a ‘vehicle’ for the electrodes during an EMS workout, so it is skin tight to ensure correct positioning and functioning of the electrodes.
- The suit wireless allowing for greater flexibility and movements.
- Each suit is connected to a ‘novel pulse generator’ at the hip which powers the bodysuit in order to generate, measure and optimise nerves and muscles.
- The software used activates the electrodes that are built into the bodysuit, sending impulses into your body causing both deep and surface muscle to contract.
- The trainer facilitates the intensity of the novel pulse generator using the software to select and control workout programs.
- The EMS technology measures data such as calories burned during each workout and tracks weight loss progress.
Click here to find out more about how EMS works.
12 benefits of Electro-Muscular Stimulation (EMS) workouts:
- Elicits a stronger connection in the muscle which aids in the development of muscle size and strength.
- Fights against cellulite.
- Increases enzyme activity which stimulates the body’s natural production of the growth hormone, subsequently leading to muscle growth.
- Prevents osteoporosis and bone damage.
- Decreases body fat percentage which leads to weight loss.
- Saves time – an EMS workout takes 20 minutes, whereas a normal workout can go for 60+ minutes.
- Trains large muscle groups simultaneously.
- Improves blood circulation which improves skin tone, and aids lymphatic drainage – clearing toxins in your body.
- If electro stimulation workouts are done on a regular basis, it will help in reducing excess body fat whilst still gaining and developing muscle, thereby increasing the body’s metabolism.
- Electro-Muscular Stimulation (EMS) workouts can improve your mood – during exercise endorphins are released which helps control anxiety, depression and mood swings.
- There are no side effects of Electro-Muscular Stimulation (EMS) workouts – it has been medically approved.
- Electro-Muscular Stimulation (EMS) workouts aid in the relief of back and joint pain by directly targeting the muscles around the joints,
What to know before you book an Electro-Muscular Stimulation (EMS) workout:
EMS workouts are also completely safe as it only involves low-frequency current stimulation.
At any reputable EMS facility such as 20PerFit, trainers are fully qualified and experienced to ensure the safety of their clients.
Before your first EMS session, you’ll be required to fill out a health questionnaire to ensure that you meet all the medical requirements of EMS training.
It is recommended that you drink at least 0.5L of water 30 minutes before your session. This will help with the recovery of your muscles post workout.
Before your EMS workout, you should eat a meal that is rich in carbs to fuel your body with energy.
Post workout you should eat foods rich in protein and magnesium which will help your muscles recover.
Although EMS sessions only need to be complete once a week, it is advised that you give your body a 2-3 break from any physical activity so that your muscles can recover. By taking a break, it gives your muscles time to grow and repair which will ensure that you get all the benefits from EMS training.
20PerFit is a Sydney based fitness centre that offers EMS workouts. The company allows you to pick where and when you want to workout by offering mobile workouts, or workouts at their fitness facilities scattered around Sydney.
20PerFit’s goal is to aid their clients in achieving their fitness and health goals, whilst also maximising their full muscle potential in an efficient, safe and time-effective manner.