We are constantly hearing about the keto diet is an eating plan that prioritizes healthful fats, adequate-protein, and a limitation on carbohydrates so that we can get more calories from fat than from carbs.
Who doesn’t want to deplete the body of excess sugar, break down fat for energy, produce molecules called ketones that our bodies utilize for fuel, and even burn fats to help us out with weight loss?
If you already understand just how utterly awesome keto diets are and home much your body will reward you for them, it is time to reward your taste buds with a keto dish that you can enjoy on a pure eating level to rack up all those health bonus points while you are at it. It doesn’t have to be Thanksgiving Day for you to know how to make keto stuffing, and better yet, eat it afterward.
What is in it for You?
Now that you are committed to creating some keto stuffing, you are probably eager to learn what the advantages will be from consuming it, and also, is this going to be a quick-serve or a long cooking day? Let’s get into the goodies so you can get into making your nutritious keto stuffing:
- Only 8 Ingredients
- 12 Quick Steps that Even Beginners Can Execute
- 45 Minutes to Prepare and 2 Hours Let it Bake
- Provide 10 Servings in a 9” x 13” Pyrex Pan
- Just 7 Net Carbs Per Serving
Nutritious and Delicious
Just how healthy is this meal going to be when you unload this keto stuffing on your family and your friends? Here are the Percent Daily Values that are based on a 2,000 calories diet:
- Total Fat (30 g): 47%
- Saturated Fat (6 g): 28%
- Cholesterol (38 mg): 13%
- Sodium (1069 mg): 45%
- Potassium (91 mg): 3%
- Total Carbohydrate (23 g): 8%
- Dietary Fiber (16 g): 62%
- Protein (20 g): 40%
- Vitamin A: 18%
- Vitamin C: 27%
- Calcium: 26%
- Iron: 13%
Inside Your Keto Stuffing
So how exactly are you going to arrive at these nutrition values with your 10 servings of keto stuffing that only contain 438 calories, 2 grams of sugar, and zero grams of saturated fat, monounsaturated fat, and trans fat? Let’s get right into the ingredients.
You can’t call it stuffing if it isn’t stuffed with any bread. Use two full loaves of Uprising Food Keto Bread.
Next up, you are going to want to integrate some meat into your keto stuffing. How about a pound of pasture-raised ground pork from a local farmer’s market?
For your broth, you will have to have 32.4 ounces of some yummy Kettle and Fire Chicken Bone Broth to kick up the flavor several notches.
Finally, let’s not forget to bring in some fresh vegetables: mixed veggies (20 ounces), Italian Parsley (3 tbsp(s)), thyme (1.50 tbsp(s)), sage (1.50 tbsp(s)), and rosemark (1.50 tbsp(s)).
Ready, Set… Keto Stuffing
Prep time is only 15 minutes:
- Slice two entire Keto Kube loaves into 5 x 5 x 5 cubes and place them on your baking sheet.
- Bake your keto bread cubes at 350°F for 45 – 60 minutes, until they are crisp on the outside but soft on the idea. You don’t want your keto stuffing to be hard like croutons.
- Once you have the “mini-cube-toasts,” remove from the oven and place them in a safe “open-air” spot in your kitchen. They should cool for 12-24 hours.
Cooking time is only 30 minutes:
- Pull apart herb leaves from their stems. Get rid of the stems, put all the herbs on the cutting board, chop the herbs, and place them in a separate bowl.
- Brown the pork. You can use a cast-iron pan, a browning pan, or a dutch oven. Break up the pork into tiny pieces so that it isn’t clumpy. Season the pork with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Move your browned meat into a temporary bowl. Place the cast iron pan, browning pan, or dutch oven you are using back on the heat.
- Stir and mix up the herbs and Mirepoix into the dutch oven. Mix for about 1 minute with the temperature should be set on medium to release the water from the vegetables.
- Combine the meat and the toasted mini cubes of keto bread back into the dutch oven and mix them thoroughly.
- Move all contents of the dutch oven. Casting iron/browning pan to the baking pan.
- Both containers of chicken bone broth get poured over the stuffing. Don’t worry if it looks too wet, that is how this recipe is intended to be.
- The stuffing goes in the oven for 60-90 minutes at 350 degrees. Cook it until there is no broth standing inside the pan. That’s when it’s done. Don’t rush through the baking process, even if it takes 2 hours.
Enjoy your keto stuffing baking experience and take pride in knowing that you are reducing the gluten intake for everyone you are serving it to without losing any delectable flavor.