Frigidaire is a well-known brand that manufactures high-quality refrigerators for households and businesses. The Frigidaire PLRU1778E is a popular model that comes equipped with various features such as adjustable shelves, electronic temperature control, and a frost-free freezer. However, some users have reported an issue of water pooling at the bottom of the refrigerator. In this article, we will discuss the causes of Frigidaire PLRU1778E water on the bottom and how to troubleshoot and fix the issue.
Causes of Frigidaire PLRU1778E Water on Bottom
There are several reasons why water may be pooling at the bottom of your Frigidaire PLRU1778E refrigerator. Some of the common causes include:
- Clogged Drain Tube: A clogged drain tube is one of the most common causes of water accumulation at the bottom of the refrigerator. Over time, dirt, debris, and food particles can accumulate in the drain tube, causing it to clog and prevent proper drainage of water.
- Damaged Defrost Drain Pan: The defrost drain pan is responsible for collecting water that drips from the evaporator coils during the defrost cycle. If the drain pan is cracked or damaged, it can leak water onto the bottom of the refrigerator.
- Faulty Water Inlet Valve: If the water inlet valve is defective or malfunctioning, it can cause water to leak onto the bottom of the refrigerator.
Troubleshooting and Fixing Frigidaire PLRU1778E Water on Bottom
Steps to troubleshoot and fix water pooling at the bottom of your Frigidaire PLRU1778E refrigerator: explained below.”
- Unclog the Drain Tube: Use a pipe cleaner or a small brush to unclog the drain tube. You can also flush the tube with hot water to remove any blockages.
- Replace the Defrost Drain Pan: If the drain pan is cracked or damaged, replace it with a new one.
- Inspect water inlet valve for damage or wear and tear, and replace if necessary to ensure proper functioning. If the valve is defective, replace it with a new one.
- Clean the Condenser Coils: Dirty or clogged condenser coils can cause the refrigerator to work harder and produce excess moisture. Clean the coils regularly to prevent water accumulation at the bottom of the refrigerator.
Q: Can a faulty door seal cause water to accumulate at the bottom of the refrigerator?
A: A faulty door seal can cause warm air to enter, leading to excess moisture and water accumulation in the refrigerator.
Q: How often should I clean the drain tube of my Frigidaire PLRU1778E refrigerator?
A: Experts recommend cleaning the drain tube at least once a year to prevent clogging.
Q: Can I fix a damaged defrost drain pan myself?
A: Yes, you can replace the defrost drain pan yourself by purchasing a new one and following the manufacturer’s instructions.
Frigidaire PLRU1778E water on the bottom is a common issue that can be easily fixed with some troubleshooting and maintenance. Regular cleaning and maintenance of your Frigidaire PLRU1778E refrigerator can prevent water accumulation and ensure proper functioning.