Any currency that is digitally and virtually used only is known as cryptocurrency. Its existence is by electronic media. That means it has no physical presence. Bitcoin is the most known and demanded cryptocurrency. To deal with virtual currency you need certain devices like computers, desktops or laptops or even mobiles will do.
These cryptocurrencies assure full safety because they maintain their safety measures with some latest technologies like cryptographic encryption, distributed ledger system, data verification, etc. But, you can’t avoid the fact that any online medium is prone to get hacked and stolen. To prevent these from happening, a trader, especially a novice needs to know certain things.
Ways in Which You Can Avoid Cryptocurrency Scams
Scammers are roaming freely in the market. They are just waiting for that opportunity when they can strike and rob you of anything. To ward them off from your wealth you must essentially know a few things about such people. Avoid:
- People who demand cryptocurrencies from you only for payment or as advance might be frauds because no company or person will ever demand only crypto. They do not have the right to demand only that unless they are a company known to accept only that.
- People who say that they will give you huge returns or benefits or profits in return for your investments. Never as a rule trust them. They are the known scammers of the market.
- Many trading platforms are being created here and there and a lot of them are trying to do scams. Verify their authenticity before connecting with them. For safe trading, you can always use The News Spy Auto-Trading App.
Signs to detect any Scams and Frauds
When you invest or trade with Bitcoins, you must read the signs of frauds and scams that will warn you that you are about to get duped. So now for the signs read on:
- When someone guarantees you high returns on investment you can doubt them because the return in crypto trading is always unpredictable due to its high volatility.
- When the language is not simple, it is complicated and twisted there might be frauds. Fraudsters will use new technologies and methods which the ordinary man will not know. It is then that you should become wary and get the warning. They will try to confuse and puzzle you with jargon that you may never have heard of before. When you see errors in grammar, language, and spelling be instantly earned that it cannot be for real.
- Always check for the license of the people or the platform that is urging you to make investments. Be sure never to believe or take anyone for granted if he does not have a proper and valid license.
- When you hear something which is way beyond your imagination. All good things may not be true.
- When you get unsolicited calls or emails from people urging you to make the investments then become cautious at once. They will talk about making good returns by following their investment techniques and knowledge that they have the best convincing power but, you have to control your emotion if the person is unknown to you.
- When there is a note of urgency or immediacy in his tone then you will know that there is something wrong because no one can force you to do anything at once.
The Risks That May Be Involved With Crypto Trading
There are many risks involved with crypto trading that you should know before you venture out. So as a trader or investor, you must know that the first thing that comes with crypto trading is its high rate of volatility. Enter this only when you have the stomach to digest the losses that come with volatility. The market is unregulated. So in case of a loss or some fraud, you cannot go to anyone or even seek redressal. You can never be sure of the next move in this market because it is decentralized also.
Cybercrimes are a sure thing about this world. So be careful always. As a priority, make it a point to store all your crypto assets in cold storage which is deemed the safest and most secure. And lastly, you never know how much tax you will be required to pay. So be prepared for anything.
Before you take a step forward in the crypto world, make sure you follow and practice these steps to become a successful crypto trader. First of all, research before you foray into it. When you are sure of yourself then make the plunge but practice different strategies to see which one works best for you. And while choosing your cryptocurrency do it wisely. And make it a point to diversify your portfolio to go right and store all your assets in divided accounts.