The purchase of the Android operating system by Google in 2005 marked a new approach in the development of modern technologies. As many analysts noted, this is the most significant acquisition
Google throughout its history. After the standardization of software for mobile devices, the time has come for mobile technologies based on open source and JS syntax.
Whatever benefits Apple developers promise their customers, Android remains the largest number of devices – over 75% of all those present on the market. These are huge numbers that you simply cannot argue with. In addition, huge potential creates market trends that cannot be ignored. In this regard, Android is widely popular and is the backbone of the “mass” market of software for mobile devices. So, hire Android app programmer is becoming the main goal of many companies.
What is unique about the Android system?
Over the years, Google has developed services and software applications that are only available in the “author’s”, “native” software environment:
• Google Map. Perhaps the most famous and popular service from Google. Every Android device has access to the navigation service as standard. Thanks to this, developers can take into account the geolocation features of the target audience and offer clients the software products that are in demand.
• Background systems working on the principle of an event-based presentation model. While the user is not using the phone, the device independently updates data on currency quotes, current events and location features in a given period of time. Despite the fact that this marketing policy is called too “aggressive” and “imposing”, most users positively perceive the complex service from Google.
• Equal status. Formally, “author’s” applications from Google are placed in the basic version of the firmware. At the same time, the company does not forbid the user to completely abandon the original products in favor of third-party software. This creates unique opportunities for mobile application developers to fill any free niche and promote their software in a giant system.
• Free architecture. The Android user decides for himself which bookmarks to form in his browser, how to build a pop-up system or which service to use. At the same time, the system automatically determines the effectiveness of the presented applications and converts the search, taking into account the individual characteristics of the user.
From the point of view of programmers, Android is a massive and modern platform for deploying startups of any complexity. Objectively, this is an entry into the mass market with the largest number of users. Thanks to this, developers can freely create full-fledged software and profit from the presented mobile applications.
On the commercial side, Android is connected to the Google Play service, where you can publish and sell your projects under your own authorship. In terms of mandatory requirements, the service from Google compares favorably with the App Store. Firstly, signing in requires less capital, the initial fee is $25, while signing in to the App Store requires paying $99. Secondly, the Google Play system provides cross-platform, hybrid and web solutions that run on various operating systems. This is an unprecedented advantage for young developers who do not yet have the opportunity to acquire expensive hardware on a Mac. In this concept, Google supports the most “democratic” policy based on equality and mass preferences of the IT industry.
Pros of Android Development
Android project developers have more freedom in choosing an operating system and can enjoy many benefits:
• Relatively low cost of devices for operation and testing. Android applications can be developed on different platforms: Linux or Windows. The software works equally on different types of devices and is not tied to a specific model of the operating system.
• Stack for all mobile projects. It is easier for beginners to get used to the software environment
Android. Even when transferring the project to another platform, the same range of tools will remain, which facilitates the joint development of the project.
• Open source technology. Most Android templates and sources are open source. The code itself for the operating system is light, consistent, and structured.
Android boasts the largest community, which makes it easy for young professionals to develop and launch a project. Detailed documentation, free access to information make it easy to find a solution in case of difficulties.