The recruitment process is the most positive as it involves stimulating and motivating more and more people to apply for the job. This will provide a great opportunity for the candidates to work for the world-class companies. Side-by-side this also provides a great opportunity for the companies to get the best people from a wide range of available pool of candidates. During the whole recruitment process, employment personality assessment is another thing which plays a crucial role.
The creation of jobs and announcements can be a very big issue. Another important question of concern is whether one should use the personality test or not. For many years there is no obligation to use the personality test under the process of recruitment. Because of this, there is a lot of regret in the minds of people regarding the hiring process. The personality test must be given due and proper importance so that the reasons to use them can be well justified.
The most important and common reasons why such tests are important have been mentioned as follows:
1.help to narrow the applicant pool: usually the people face a lot of difficulties while filling a job vacancy for a particular job position. Choosing the right group of candidates so that they can be interviewed is also a difficult task. Such problems occur especially when the educational and experience related backgrounds of all the people are similar. Under such cases, one has to require potential employees so that they can undergo the personality test which can help to drastically narrow down the applicant pool. Based on such results one can take various decisions, depending upon the personalities of the people who have applied for the job.
2. Help to enhance the process of interview: The personal assessments under the human resource management also help to develop the interview questions which the employers can ask the candidates. The employers can utilize the results to ask the candidates about the strengths and weaknesses which they have a property related to the communication and social skills and their behavior. In case the applicant has applied for the sales position then one can ask how effectively he or she will initiate or close the particular sale of a product.
3. Will help to lessen the first impressions: usually a lot of people are persuaded with the first impressions, for example, a confident handshake and a consistent eye contact. Such things can help to make a great impression on the recruiter but are not always accurate. The applicant who makes a good first impression may not perform the job as well as he is expected to. In proper regard to the results of interviews and the personality tests, the chances of selection will depend upon the personality test only. Hence, it can provide a great basis of decision making to the employers to make the best decisions.
4. This will have to make the most productive teams: the production teams are the most successful factors of any company. During the purchase of building the teams, one must know all the personality traits which are possessed by a particular person. This will help in pairing him or her with other individuals otherwise all such processes can lead to great disasters. Hence, building a team for a company requires analyzing and judging the personality of the people so that best decisions can be made and there is no loss of the organization
5.it will help to diminish the turnover of employees: Analyzing the results of personality tests can help in making the best selection decisions. It will help you choose all those people who will fit best in the company and its culture. Such selected people through this process can also be there with the company till the age of retirement. They will also help in improving the culture of the company. Such employees bring along with them better learning styles, best communication methods, great leadership approach, good levels of extroversion and introversion, etc.
6. Will help in increased employee engagement: with good personality assessment tests the employees can gain a lot from the organization and it will lead to their holistic development. It will help them to have a better idea of who they are and how they work regarding the culture of a particular organization. Such engagement will also help the organization to succeed and require the uniqueness which each person brings through their thinking and behavioral processes.
7. Will help to bring stronger team dynamics: once one utilizes the personality assessments it will help to provide a great interaction with the teams in terms of responsibilities, communication and roles. It will help to drive the teams and understand how each member will bring a distinctive and valuable perspective regarding a particular topic. Under this similar teams can also recognize the need to capitalize on the strengths and find ways to overcome such a lack.
8. Will help to increase productivity: companies who use all such assessments up to fullest attention will be feeling that learning and individual preferences are highly linked with the objectives and goals of the business. In such a matter the proper performance management matrix will also play a crucial role. Knowing any employee’s personality will help to create individualized plans to achieve the goals of the organization as well as the department.
9. Finding practical ways to solve conflicts: people in the team are never nice with each other. Conflict management is a great part of the human life and personality system and can help to manage the conflict in a better manner. Sharing the most important information with the employees can help to understand them well and understand their perspective as well.
The pre-employment test also involves a personality assessment which can help them to know whether they are good or bad, their strengths and weaknesses and will help to open their eyes towards all those things for which they are unaware. One can be more introspective using such tests and one will come to know about the things in a better way so that one can grow.