Even before you can delve deep into other cryptocurrencies than Bitcoin is essential, you must have a good idea about what cryptocurrencies are. These are digital currencies that operate on a decentralized platform called Blockchain. They have no physical presence like the fiat money of a country. But if you speak of physical presence, then they do have one in the form of credit cards.
When you speak of cryptocurrency, the crypto in the term refers to the complex creation and processing of digital currencies along with their transactions in a decentralized system. It is developed by teams of miners who develop it with the help of codes issued to use later on by the users. Cryptocurrencies are an application that facilitates online transactions.
By now, you know that they are decentralized systems free from any third party’s control. This lets the users enjoy a degree of freedom that they cannot work with fiat currencies. This is the prime cause of their popularity in recent years.
What Are Altcoins?
Bitcoin is the first main cryptocurrency to be developed. After that,different people developed many coins, and subsequently, they were given the term “altcoins” by the community of cryptocurrency users. Altcoins is the term designated to any cryptocurrency other than Bitcoins. They can be used as digital money, something similar to Bitcoins. All work on the fundamentals of the same regulations, rules and principles. You can also label them as value tokens.
The Cause of The Presence Of So Many Cryptocurrencies
The first ever conceived cryptocurrency was Bitcoin. After that, many other some few thousand cryptocurrencies have developed ever since. In some countries, they are banned, while in some countries, it has received the legal sanctity of their governments. But today, you can say there are some 18,000 cryptocurrencies worldwide.
Some of these currencies are used as investment instruments, some are purchased to be used as a store of value, and later on, some are sold or traded in the numerous crypto exchanges that have mushroomed today. They are used in various sectors like agriculture, fine art, cybersecurity, healthcare, gaming, law, insurance, real estate, medicine and the supply chain. Some offer a solution to problems spread over many sectors of the economy.
There is another underlying cause of the existence of so many cryptocurrencies. The general fears being left out in the melee to trade with such coins. This is what has encouraged so many altcoins. Everybody wants a share of the huge profit they can afford, which is why there are so many cryptocurrencies today.
Various Other Cryptocurrencies
Apart from Bitcoin, you will see numerous other altcoins. Here we have highlighted some prominent cryptocurrencies in the market:
- Ethereum (ETH) –After Bitcoin, it is a prime coin to be considered.With it, you can make smart contracts and build decentralized applications. All these applications can be run without fraud, third-party control or interference and downtime.
- Tether (USDT) – It is one of the first stablecoins to pegging a currency’s market value to minimize volatility. They are in counter against the other coins that experience surges of volatility. They aim to smoothen the price.
- USD Coin (USDC) – It is another stablecoins that use fiat collateral reserves.
- Binance Coin (BNB) – It is a utility coin that can be used as payment for fees in trading.
- XRP –Created by Ripple in 2012, it is a system of payments that users can use. There is the XRP ledger whose native token it is.
- Cardano (ADA) –A few cryptographic experts, mathematicians and engineers have collaborated to form this coin. The fundamental principle behind this coin is the Ouroboros proof-of-stake concept.
- Solana (SOL) – It supports decentralized application development.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) – It is a meme coin that increased in value with the outroar it created in 2021. The coin is used as a payment method in various countries where it is considered legal.
- Polkadot – This cryptocurrency is interoperable . It connects both the permissionless and permissioned blockchains to work together as a cohesive whole.
If you are interested in other coins apart from Bitcoins, then you can try trading with each of these mentioned coins. And for this, you can try Like This Auto Bot app.